Genesis Community IT initiative (G-City) is a registered Non-Profit organisation that was established to address the dire economic needs of previously disadvantaged communities within the broader Cape Flats region. G-CITI does this through the provision of extensive Information Communication and Technology capacity building initiatives and community support.
Genesis Community IT Initiative (G-CITI) is a non-profit organization (NPO) and Public Benefit Organization (PBO) to support the needs of individuals with digital literacy, social innovation and entrepreneurship. Founded in 2014, GCITI has successfully implemented various skills programmes that impacted more than 5000 individuals. Schools, resource centers, government agencies, private companies and other non-profit organizations was impacted through G-CITI programmes. G-CITI regards itself as a vehicle for social change and digital transformation.
The main objectives of G-CITI and aim to:
- Enable communities through access to broadband technology, to participate digitally for personal development and business development purposes
- Become a hub of activity for technological and digital development for the Elsies River and adjacent communities
- Empower all citizens with basic digital literacy skills for entrepreneurial development and employment opportunities.
- Provide skills training and entrepreneurial development including business guidance and support
- Provide opportunities for creativity through social innovation projects
Support primary and high school students in improving in education through technology